Saturday 11 November 2006

getting started

Yippee! I made it into the Plymouth to Banjul car rally. My partner Steve and I are Team Lord of the Sands (think Lord of the Rings, Sahara style!) and our trusty stead is a 1984 Mercedes 200D in white. I found her on ebay for a little (!!) over the £100 budget. She runs like a dream and drives very smoothly, although not quick. We have only replaced simple things like air and oil filters so far, but she really could use a new radiator that will stand up to the desert heat. Thanks to our friend Phil for helping with things under the bonnet, sourcing mechanical bits and pieces and providing a paddock to park her in! and to Julie for making cups of tea and putting up with us all!!
So now I'm starting to collect things to take that will see us through the 3600 miles.

No comments: